- Rhymes: -ʌbz
Nounscrubs (plural scrubs)
- A protective plastic gown worn by a surgeon when performing surgery.
- Today, any medical uniform consisting of a short-sleeve shirt and pants is known as "scrubs". Nearly all patient care personnel wear some form of scrubs while on duty, as do some staffers in doctors' offices. These types of scrubs can come in any color or pattern; scrubs featuring cartoon characters and cheerful prints are common in pediatricians' offices and children's hospitals, while prints for various holidays can be seen throughout the year. Scrubs may also include a waist-length long-sleeved jacket with no lapels and stockinette cuffs, known as a "warm-up jacket". Some hospitals use scrub color as a way of quickly identifying a staff member's department, e.g. light blue for Surgery, pink or lavender for Labor and Delivery, dark green or dark blue for Emergency, and so forth.
- Plural of scrub
- Swedish: sjukhuskläder
Scrub(s) may refer to:
- Scrubs (clothing), worn by medical staff
- Scrub (occupation) or surgical technologist
- Scrubs (TV series), an American television program
- Scrub baseball also known as "scrub" or "scrubs", an informal game of baseball without teams
- Wormwood Scrubs also known as "The Scrubs", an area in west London
- Wormwood Scrubs (HM Prison) also known as "The Scrubs", a prison in west London
- Scrub, low shrub and grass characteristic of scrubland
scrubs in Thai: สครับ